Sushi is undoubtedly the most popular Japanese food outside of Japan, where it was first originated and one of the most well-known foods among the Japanese themselves. Sushi is normally enjoyed on special occasions and celebrations.
According to Japanese history, sushi is a pickled fish preserved in vinegar during the Edo period Eventually, sushi evolved and nowadays it is defined as a dish that contains rice and prepared with sushi vinegar.
We can give various popular types of sushi such as:
- Nigiri is a small rice balls with fish, shellfish on top. There are numerous types of nigirizushi where common ones are tuna, shrimp, eel, squid, octopus and fried egg.
- Gunkan are small cups made of sushi rice and dried seaweed filled with seafood and the like. There are a lot of varieties of gunkanzushi where some of the most common ones are sea urchin and fish eggs.
- Norimaki is a sushi rice and seafood rolled in dried seaweed sheets. There are different varieties of sushi rolls depending on its ingredients and thickness. Sushi rolls prepared "inside out" are extremely known outside of Japan, however can be rarely found in Japan.
- Temaki or Temakizushi are cones made of nori seaweed and filled with sushi rice, seafood and vegetables.
- Oshizushi is pressed sushi, in which the fish is pressed onto the sushi rice in a wooden box. .
- Inari or Inarizushi is a simple and inexpensive kind of sushi, in which sushi rice is filled into aburaage bags.
- Chirashi or Chirashizushi is a dish in which seafood, mushroom and vegetables are spread over sushi rice. It can be similar to domburi with a little difference being that chirashizushi uses sushi rice while domburi uses regular, unseasoned rice.
It is indeed amazing to know about the different kinds of sushi that we love so much. There’s a good place where we can indulge ourselves with these amazing sushi and that is at Hanapaa Sushi Co. It is one of the best sushi take out retail found in the Island. You will never regret it. It’s worth your money. Try now!
For a good choice of hotels with discount prices, visit Hotel in Tokyo for more information.